We are looking to expand our Product team, to keep developing new products and improve existing ones like Nebraska. Thus, as part of this team, you will help develop products that are strategic to Kinvolk’s vision.
For this position we are looking for a junior developer or a student who wants to work in backend or frontend technologies (or both), has good communication skills, and is proactive in how they carry on their daily tasks.
Joining Kinvolk means you’ll be involved in open-source communities, and not only on the technology side. Kinvolk is active in organizing community events and we’d like you to be a part of those.
To get a good idea of what we do, and what you’d be doing at Kinvolk, just take a look. We work in the open and encourage you to browse our github activity. This will show you what we do and how we go about it.
ResponsibilitiesWork to improve Open Source products as part of the Product Team
- Currently finishing, or recently finished a BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithm design, data structures, OOP, etc.
- Being proactive in learning; having the initiative to explore solutions to problems even without constant guidance.
- Familiarity with the Linux/UNIX environment
- Knowledge/experience with a mainstream language like Js, Python, Go, JAVA, C++, or similar;
- Good written and spoken English
- For remote applicants:
- Good internet connectivity
- Demonstrable experience/collaboration in Open Source projects;
- Knowledge of source version control systems (like git), coding best practices, etc.
- If it’s an application for frontend:
- Development Experience in technologies like React.js, Vue, or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge in User Experience and User Interfaces
- If it’s an application for backend:
- Development Experience in backend technologies like Go, Python, or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in concepts like security, scalability, algorithm analysis.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
We’re always looking for ways to make Kinvolk a friendly and motivating work environment. Here are some of the things we already offer.
- You would be working on the cutting edge of technology, with a world-class team from whom you will be able to learn - just as we hope to learn from you!
- We offer a competitive salary (reviewed annually), with equity participation (virtual share options) for all employees
- Flexible working hours policy, and generous holiday allowance
- An open, non-hierarchical, multi-cultural environment, with nearly as many nationalities represented in as we have people
And many others like:
- Work exclusively on Linux technologies
- Work closely with open-source communities
- Lunch paid once/twice weekly (Berlin)
- Assistance with public transport ticket and home Internet bill (Berlin)
- Company mobile phone plan (Germany)
- German language classes 2 times weekly, if needed (Berlin)
- Generous hardware allowance for laptop, monitor, phone and/or tablet of your choice
- Represent Kinvolk at conferences
- Free drinks and snacks if you're working out of the office
- Need a book? We’ll order it for you and add it to our tech bookshelf
How to apply
Apply using the button below. If you have other questions, please send those to email@example.com
Kinvolk is a rapidly growing tech company building Linux & Kubernetes-based open-source software products, and offering related engineering and technical support services. Our customers are amongst the largest and most influential in the space: Microsoft, SAP, CoreOS, and many more.
While founded in Berlin, Kinvolk is quicky expanding and has recently opened an India subsidiary.
We appreciate your interest in Kinvolk. Please fill in the following short form. Should you have any difficulties in uploading your files, please contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.